REFLECTOR:Bad EGT Reading

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:24:30 -0600

If you don't mind spending the bucks, get a voltmeter that can read
thermocouples, to see if the thermocouple is working.
If not, see if your thermocouple has continuity.  If it does, then the
problem could be in the switch.  Swap leads to see if the problem follows
the thermocouple.

See if the thermocouple is grounded to engine ground.  Some thermocouple
amplifiers don't like them grounded.  Call RMI to see if their unit can use
grounded thermocouples.