REFLECTOR:Ignition Question

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:34:26 -0500 (EST)

Jack,

I think something is wrong(as do you!).  If the EI is working correctly
your EGT's should be lower.  If your running LOP your CHT's and oil temps
will be dramatically lower.  If your running ROP the temps should be close
to what they were before the EI installation.

I suspect the timing is not correct.  Did you do the timing verification
check called out for in the EI installation guide?

As somebody sugested I would also pull the plugs and see if there is any
evidence of detonation from a misstimed system.

The unit should run very well with the plugs supplied by lightspeed.

Scott