REFLECTOR:Fuel filters

Gilles Gratton reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:56:46 -0500

Thanks Jim for your answer.  You have a nice system.  I checked out my local
marina today, a Mercruiser dealer, and they had your exact filter in stock.
It would be ideal. However installing it on my plane would require extensive
plumbing changes and I am too lazy for that.  I will keep on looking for a
smaller in-line filter (bigger than the one I have now) so that I can just
substitute for mine without major modifications.
Thanks a lot, Gilles

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Agnew
Sent: 20 fevrier 2004 16:28
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fuel filters

Gilles,

I have attached two pictures showing my fuel filter
installation, first is the view of the inside of my engine
bulkhead showing the location of the fuel filter (white) on
the right side of the picture and the second is a closeup
of the filter with the added hose clamp and bracket to
insure that the screw on element cannot come loose.

The filter has an aluminum top fitting and an oil filter
like can with a paper element that is a combination filter
& water seperator.  They are commonly used on boats with
Mercruiser engines up to 400 HP and can flow 40GPH which is
far more than you will ever need.  In offshore boats thae
take a real pounding and last just make sure you get a god
one (about $25-35) at a reputible marine dealer like West
Marine and not a pot metal top fitting like you might find
in an auto store.  The best part is they will remove
particales much smaller that a screen filter ever will.

Jim

-