REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:05:22 -0600

--------------060908000602050201060301

Yes, I have the manual.  My small door does not overlap the fuselage,
but does overlap the main gear door so that it is always between the
main door and the leg and therefore can't catch the edge of the main
door.  The manual mentions gluing a piece of foam on the small door.
That should stop it from traveling inside the fuselage.

John

Donald Royer wrote:

> I followed the instructions in the construction manual, and the edges
> of the door overlaps the edges of the fuselage opening so the door
> cannot push in too far. The problem that I had was that as the gear
> just started down from the up position the outer edge of the small
> door would catch on the end of the main gear door.
> From what you say, it seems to me that your's have been fitted quite
> differently. Do you have access to a construction manual?
>
> Don

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yes, I have the manual.&nbsp; My small door does not overlap the fuselage,
but does overlap the main gear door so that it is always between the
main door and the leg and therefore can't catch the edge of the main
door.&nbsp; The manual mentions gluing a piece of foam on the small door.&nbsp;
That should stop it from traveling inside the fuselage.<br>
John<br>
Donald Royer wrote:<br>
  <title></title>
edges of the door overlaps the edges of the fuselage opening so the
door cannot push in too far. The problem that I had was that as the
gear just started down from the up position the outer edge of the small
door would catch on the end of the main gear door. </div>
quite differently. Do you have access to a construction manual?</div>
 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px;">
 style="font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;">-----
Original Message ----- </div>
 style="background: rgb(228, 228, 228) none repeat scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: initial; -moz-background-origin: initial; font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>From:</b>
    <a title="aminetech@bluefrog.com"
 href="mailto:aminetech@bluefrog.com">John Dibble</a> </div>
 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>To:
    </b><a title="reflector@tvbf.org" href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a></div>
 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>Sent:</b>
2/20/04 11:59:10 AM </div>
 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>Subject:</b>
Re: REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors</div>
Thanks.&nbsp; Mine must have been previously fitted because I installed one
and it seems to work just fine.&nbsp; The only possible issue I can see is
if the outer edge (opposite the hinge) catches on the gear leg and
prevents the leg from locking down.&nbsp; I'm going to sand that outer edge
which will hopefully avoid any catching.&nbsp; Did you do anything to stop
the small door from pushing in past the fuselage opening when the gear
is up?<br>
Thanks,<br>
John<br>
Donald Royer wrote:<br>
      <pre wrap="">I have the small main gear doors installed. I didn't realize that the
factory didn't recommend them any more. They were a bit of a pain to
install and to get adjusted so that they worked properly, but once I got
them right they have performed flawlessly. However, I think that they are
probably more trouble than they are worth, and they ever give any trouble
they are gone.

Don

  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">[Original Message]
I have the small main gear doors (SRG Elite), but they are not installed
and the factory recommends against installing them because they can bind
and cause problems.  Is anyone using them?

John

  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Visit the gallery!  <a
 class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a>
Check old archives: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html">http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a>