REFLECTOR:Push Pull Control Cables

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:19:54 -0500

All,

I am working on connecting up my cabin heater (the non-standard kind)
and I'm going to need a push-pull cable.  The valve has considerably
more resistance than the standard Velocity oil cooler exhaust flap.  For
reliability I want something much sturdier, along the lines of the
aileron cable push pull design.  The solid wire core/lawn mower cable is
not going to work.

I have been searching the net trying to find suppliers.  It looks like
Cablecraft and their associated outlets/builders is the most viable
option.  I will need 5" of travel so the cables in McMaster-Carr won't
do it.  I have been talking with the people at HERS Inc. in Kansas City.
Good folks and it looks like they can make the cable.  On the pricey
side ... About $80 for the cable before putting on the ball joint and
the T-handle.

Just thought I would check to see if anyone had another source that you
thought I should check with first.

Thanks,

Andy