REFLECTOR:Fuel filters

Gilles Gratton reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:11:58 -0500

Hi to all,
           Thanks to all of you who have replied to my concerns about the
fuel filter.  I will try to get one which is definitely  1. compatible with
100LL (stainless mesh)
            2. has high volume capacity
            3. is cleanable
            4. will fit on my present plumbing.
            5. will be affordable $$$$$.
Gilles

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of mike deeter
Sent: 17 fevrier 2004 21:00
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Fuel filters

Gilles:

I went to my local performance auto folks and bought a
"System One" in-line filter.  It's aluminum, 6" long
by 1.5" diameter and has 37 degree #6 flared fittings
at both ends.  But....it's expensive ($50??)!  I knew
it's size was overkill as I found out at my annual
(whistle clean) but at least I put fears of a clogged
fuel line out of my mind.  If I had to do it over
again I'd try for my unit's little brother because at
6" long the darned thing takes up alot of room back
there around the sump, shutoff valve, boost pump and
moveable retract parts.

Mike

=====