REFLECTOR:Fuel filters

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:58:21 -0600

--------------090004080107000205030206

I have a cheap in-line filter and also worry about fuel restriction.  I
checked it after 10 hours and it seemed to flow as well as a new
filter.  So I feel comfortable it will last 100 hours anyway.  I guess
the one good thing about fuel restriction is that it should happen at
the beginning of the takeoff roll where there is room to abort.  Do they
make filters that allow the flow to bypass if the filter becomes
plugged?  Or a separate "pressure relief" valve that can be installed in
parallel with the filter?

John

Gilles Gratton wrote:

> Is anyone out there using the K & N Billet Aluminum Fuel filter? If
> so, do you recommend it?  I plan to use it on my Franklin engine to
> replace that small miniature glass filter which I have been using so
> far , successfully but with constant fear and apprehension that it
> will restrict fuel flow and starve my engine in a moment of high fuel
> demand.
> Gilles Gratton

--------------090004080107000205030206

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I have a cheap in-line filter and also worry about fuel restriction.&nbsp; I
checked it after 10 hours and it seemed to flow as well as a new
filter.&nbsp; So I feel comfortable it will last 100 hours anyway.&nbsp; I guess
the one good thing about fuel restriction is that it should happen at
the beginning of the takeoff roll where there is room to abort.&nbsp; Do
they make filters that allow the flow to bypass if the filter becomes
plugged?&nbsp; Or a separate "pressure relief" valve that can be installed
in parallel with the filter?<br>
John<br>
Gilles Gratton wrote:<br>
 cite="midDAEDKOMCBHINGJEIJCOJIEHGCJAA.gratton@magma.ca">
anyone out there using the K &amp; N Billet Aluminum Fuel filter? If
so, do you recommend it?&nbsp; I plan to use it on my Franklin engine to