REFLECTOR:Hydraulic pump leak

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:47:12 -0800 (PST)

Jeff,

How many screws are holding the plastic reservoir to
the metal pump body on your pump? I recently installed
a new pump (since I'd replaced everything else on the
plane, figured I may as well replace it too...) that I
think has 4 screws to do this job. They are on located
the base of the pump body and screw down into the
plastic reservoir (self tapping type). My old pump had
the same holes in the base that weren't being used.
Wild guess: since the reservoir on the new pump is
oriented differently, maybe the reservoir on my
original pump was rotated to clear the canard
bulkhead. If so, the "screw pads" in the plastic
reservoir that are supposed to be under the screw
holes wouldn't match up anymore. Like I said, I'm
guessing, but if that's the case I would look for
another way to secure the reservoir to the pump
(strap, clamp, screws...) to stop the leaking.

Pat