REFLECTOR::Re:Pure Jet Velocity XL

Robin Ream reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:30:11 -0600

it!

Have fun, build well, and fly well guys,
Robin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Sower=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:56 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR::Re:Pure Jet Velocity XL

  <... According to your data there's only two ways to get down in a =
canard:  A nice slow descent, or straight down nose first in an =
unrecoverable canard stall ...>=20
  Tongue firmly in cheek I presume??=20
  A.  The discussion was about transonic Velocity, and=20
  B. You ignore the obvious third option:  Reduce power to idle, reduce =
speed to well under Vne and let down at that speed (say, 100-120 KIAS =
with belly board deployed as needed.=20
   =20
  Robin Ream wrote:=20

    Richard,=20
        I'm not an engineer, period.  -  BUT, it logically follows in =
your=20
    reasoning about the catastrophic results of exceeding Vne in level =
flight=20
    that we're talking about theVelocity and other similar canards being =

    inherently dangerous; even in a moderate dive it's not that hard to =
exceed=20
    Vne in any type of aircraft.  According to your data there's only =
two ways=20
    to get down in a canard:  A nice slow descent, or straight down nose =
first=20
    in an unrecoverable canard stall...  Hmmm.  Something about those =
choices=20
    aren't particularly appealing.  ------------------  Anybody want to =
buy a=20
    Velocity now?=20