REFLECTOR:Franklin and Rose ignition

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:30:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

I have a single Rose with a Slick mag on my Franklin. The engine runs much better at all RPMs on the ignition than on the mag. The timing of the ignition is just as it came from Jeff Rose. I do not see the poor performance at midrange RPM that has been reported.

I have had all kinds of problems with my Franklin, but the Rose ignition is not one of them.

Don Royer

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffrey Clough
To: reflector@awpi.com
Sent: 2/7/04 7:18:04 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Franklin and Rose ignition

Has ANYONE got acceptable performance from the Rose DUAL electronic ignition and a Franklin engine?     If not, and you are using a single Rose electronic ignition, what is being used for the other ignition source?  Mag?  Different electronic ignition?    THANX                Jeff Clough
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>I have a single Rose with a Slick mag on my Franklin. The engine runs much better at all RPMs on the ignition than on the mag. The timing of the ignition is just as it came from Jeff Rose. I do not see the poor performance at midrange RPM that has been reported.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have had all kinds of problems with my Franklin, but the Rose ignition is not one of them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don Royer</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=jclough@alaska.net href="mailto:jclough@alaska.net">Jeffrey Clough</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A title=reflector@awpi.com href="mailto:reflector@awpi.com">reflector@awpi.com</A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 2/7/04 7:18:04 PM </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Franklin and Rose ignition</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV>Has ANYONE got acceptable performance from the Rose DUAL electronic ignition and a Franklin engine?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If not, and you are using a single Rose electronic ignition, what is being used for the other ignition source?&nbsp; Mag?&nbsp; Different electronic ignition?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; THANX&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Jeff Clough</DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--