REFLECTOR:Aluminum instrument panel finish

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:58:35 -0500

Richard,

This sounds pretty cool.  When do we get to see the pictures?

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of richard@riley.net
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 12:54 AM
To: canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com; reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Aluminum instrument panel finish

I've just finished machining my instrument panel.  It is (I say with no
small pride) nice.  Milled out of 2024T3 3" thick, reduced to .120 with
.120 webs between each instrument and around the perimeter.

Now the question is: how should it be finished? Polished?  Engine
turned?
Anodized?  Clear powder coat?  Price is not an issue, it will be a tiny
fraction of what the radios are costing anyway.

Any suggestions or reasoning gratefully accepted.