REFLECTOR:Re: Where's Gus?

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:51:17 -0500

Hi Simon & Reflectorites,
  Gus's web page has been up OK but the satellite tracking updates have
been spotty...
He arrived in Riogallegos, Argentina about 100nm north of Ushuaia
yesterday evening.
Last we heard the winds in Ushuaia were about 40+mph. If that's the
case, Gus might be
waiting out the winds at Riogallegos and will go south in a day or so.
He is in good spirits
and the Firefly is performing just fine. We have had a few problems
that are being addressed
like an artificial horizon failure and an EFIS problem. The fuel
problems have been solved
as well as the early on electrical issues. A replacement electric
horizon is on it's way to
Ushuaia where it will be installed by factory mechanic Mike Snyder.

If you would like to keep tabs on Gus McLeod's progress goto his web
page at:
http://www.GusMcLeod.com
If you click on 'Pilot's Log' you will find near the top of page the
hypertext'd  'Flight Explorer'
which will bring up a map (if available) showing his location,
direction, altitude & speed.

Regards,
Wayne Lanza
(Velocity factory avionics contractor)