REFLECTOR: Painting Plenum

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 30 19:00:47 CST 2004

I used engine paint from the auto parts store.  I found a dark gray - almost black - metallic paint in a spray can.  Looks great and has held up well after 30 hours since my last annual.

For the inside of my cowls, I used the left over Jeffco fuel tank sealer.  Keeps the oil from staining the exterior of the bottom cowl.  I would suggest thinning the Jeffco some - mine came out a bit thick and heavier than I had intended.

Ronnie