REFLECTOR: Prop Spinner

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sat Dec 25 23:54:39 CST 2004

Jeff,
Spinners are not necessary, but they do reduce drag a little.  They interact
with the cowling exit around the prop hub, so they can affect how the air
flows through the engine comparment.  Klaus Savier (LSE) claims that his
"Hershey Kiss" style of spinner gives his Vari Eze an extra knot, as
compared to using a "bullet" style of spinner normally used on tractor
planes.  Al Geitzen's installation looks cleaner than any Velocity I've ever
seen.

There are bigger deer in the woods than spinners, but every bit of drag
reduction helps!

Keith Hallsten