REFLECTOR: AN AIRPLANE IS BORN! AND NEW INFO.

John Tvedte JohnT at comp-sol.com
Fri Dec 17 07:53:55 CST 2004

Good job Tom!

Hope to see some pictures posted.

John
XL-FG
	-----Original Message-----
	From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Tom Martino
	Sent: Fri 12/17/2004 12:00 AM
	To: reflector at tvbf.org
	Subject: REFLECTOR: AN AIRPLANE IS BORN! AND NEW INFO.

	Today (December16, 2004) ... at approximately 4:00pm MST ... the conglomeration of parts previously known as Kit SN# DMO-282 ... became an official Aircraft.  The Designated Airworthiness Representative (D. A. R.) from the Denver FAA FSDO office approved N173EX to be flown for Phase One Flight Testing!

	Now the fun really begins.  Thanks to all here on the Reflector for the valuable information over the last few years.  I hope Marion Sparrow (former, deceased owner) will be happy to know I carried on where he left off.  By reading through the Reflector archives, I was able to get to know Marion through his posts over the years.

	On a related topic ... I read much discussion here about making major changes to your experimental aircraft after getting your Special Airworthiness Certificate.  My Amateur Built Operating Limitations from the FAA state that I can incorporate any major change in my aircraft ... so long as I put it back into a flight test mode for a period not less than 5 hours.  After that, it simply needs a log entry to be legal.  There is no need to file any paperwork with the FAA nor is it necessary to have any FAA inspection of any kind.

	So, in essence, we have a lot of leeway.

	I plan on having a test pilot do an inaugural flight sometime right after the first of the year.

	Tom Martino