REFLECTOR: Gross Weight Increase

MMurp16900 at aol.com MMurp16900 at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 19:25:17 CST 2004

Hi  TEC
You are lucky if your operation limitations state major changes can be made
on your aircraft without notifying the FAA.
 That paragraph has been changed at least three times.
FAA Order 8130.2F dated Nov. 5 2004
(19) After incorporating a major change as described in 21.93 the aircraft
owner is required to reestablish compliance with 91.319(b)and notify
responsible  FSDO of the proposed test areaetc.etc.fill out a revised form 8130-6, etc.,
 etc., The aircraft must remain for a minimum of 5 hours.etc etc.
Our operational limitations limits issued in 2000 Only say I must  notify the
of any major change and receive a written response
 EAA  Technical Counselor
Mack Velocity XL R/G