REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Pump Leak..fluid levels

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Dec 14 09:20:40 CST 2004

Jeff,

Your completely right.  The change in fluid level is negligible between up
and down.  I tested that before I ever flew the plane.

My fluid level is at about 2/3 's and in moderate turbulence it leaks like
a sieve.  Its leaking from the reservoir to pump seal, not the cap.

Or it was leaking,  I'm going to replace the sillycone that somebody
added(I've been told by three people this is the fix) to stop the leak.

My question is,  is there a "best" sealer for hydraulic systems?  RTV, the
black sticky stuff?

Scott