REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Pump Leak

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Dec 13 07:34:03 CST 2004

Jeff,

I found the screw finally. I remember wiping off the bottom, but the hole
in the middle was filled with dirt and crap and I figured I'd clean it out
when I got the reservoir off.  Wouldn't you know it the one screw that
holds it on was in that hole!

I guess I will reseal mine with some kind of RTV or Silicone.  Its not easy
to get that stuff to stay sticking around hydraulic fluid.

This pumps not made for vehicular use..  At least the reservoir sealing
mechanism isn't..

I screwed up the two little filters and will have to make new ones or find
replacements.

Scott