REFLECTOR: Gross Weight Increase

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Dec 13 10:28:03 CST 2004

TEC,

Yes you should do it.  Its amazing what is considered a "Major" change..

Changing a prop, painting a flight surface, installing an electronic
ignition, etc...

The EAA has a sample OL that you can offer them as a template if they are
not sure of the correct wording.

I thought I had heard a short time ago that some recent change to the
FAR's had accidently gone backwards in this area but that the EAA was
working with the FAA to get it straightened out.

Scott