REFLECTOR: AIRWORTHINESS INSPECTION NEXT THURSDAY

MMurp16900 at aol.com MMurp16900 at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 18:36:27 CST 2004

Hi Scott
That is a good letter about the FAA inspection. I know you know all of  this
but I would like to share this with he folks on the Reflector.
  All experimental builders and owners should read FAR 91.319. Note  all the
restriction to flight.
That is why the DAR or FAA inspector issues the letter of operation
limitation, This letter is part of the special airworthiness certificate and is
available to the pilot during flight. This important letter will eliminate most  of
the restrictions after phase one time fly off with the flight test sigh off.
and second conditional inspection as per FAR 43 appendix. That is the
inspection check list.
Amateur experimental only sign off as safe condition for flight.
  The FAA or DAR that issues the operation limits must be aware  of FAA order
8700.1appendix 3.
   The operation limitations should read 'After completion  of phase 1
testing etc.etc this aircraft may be operated over densely populated  areas on
congested airways and this aircraft may be operated under IFR  Night.'
   Note it is the builder or A&P that makes the first  conditional inspection
in the airframe log and the second sign off after phase  one
 Have your application for repairmen certificate ready.
  The FAA make no inspection statements in your log book
 The FAA inspector makes this statement in your logbook
   'I find this aircraft meets the requirements for the  certification and
have issued experimental airworthiness certificate  etc.etc'.
  The  FAA He is looking for the  builder/reparmen,A&Por repair station
signature certif.number.
 total time and date SAFE CONDTION FOR FLIGHT in airframe  logbook.
.  I.A. not required for amateur built experimental air craft.
  When the I.A. sighs off a certified aircraft he make this statement  THIS
AIRCRAFT AIRWORTHY , etc., etc.
    My MTVprop MTV-9-B/LD178-102 originally had an  experimental placard but
now is type certified and the new sticker applied.  The Engine I0540 also type
certified with all AD C.W.   Our phase one  time was only 25hours
Marry Christmas
Mack Murphree A/P/I.A.CFI.