REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Pump Leak

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Dec 12 15:04:07 CST 2004

I was gazing at the nose gear door actuator to see what was entailed in R&R
ing it..

I noticed that most of the leak I have noticed was actually coming form the
pump.

I appears to be leaking from the reservoir to pump interface.  I took the
pump out to see what kind of "O" ring or gasket was used.  I found some
kind of Sillycone around the edge that was basically falling off.  I don't
know if this stuff was put on as a fix or it cam from the factory like that?

I tried to take the reservoir off but I guess I'm not smart enough.  I
twisted it, I pulled on it, no go.  I was pretty gentle as I didn't want to
break the plastic reservoir.

How do I separate the reservoir from the pump?

What is the accepted method of sealing this thing?

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin