REFLECTOR: Gross Weight Increase

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Dec 11 06:54:41 CST 2004

Good question.
The aircraft's original paperwork includes the official GW of the aircraft,
which is an aircraft limitation.  I imagine it's going to take some document
revisions with the FAA to make the GW change.  The FSDO representative may
or may not ask for engineering justification - if so, I'd increase the gross
weight and introduce a +5g load factor limitation - using the Velocity
factory wing load factor data as justification.
Please let me (and the Reflector) know how things work out!
Scott B.