REFLECTOR: AIRWORTHINESS INSPECTION NEXT THURSDAY

Douglas Holub doug.holub at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 09:11:05 CST 2004

Also, the rules say CAS, not true airspeed.

iii) Marks at least 3 inches high may be displayed on an aircraft for which
the FAA has issued an experimental certificate under §21.191 (d), §21.191
(g), or §21.191 (i) of this chapter to operate as an exhibition aircraft, an
amateur-built aircraft, or a light-sport aircraft when the maximum cruising
speed of the aircraft does not exceed 180 knots CAS;

Doug Holub