REFLECTOR: Seat foam

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 15:13:31 CST 2004

I was the one that introduced Velocity and the builders to Chestnut Ridge foam
and had my seat foam custom cut by them with three different density layers.

Bottom - 1" of 130-150# foam for spinal protection
mid    - 1" of 55-65# foam for support
Top and bolsters(add on during upholstery) - 1" of 45-55# foam for softness

I don't remember the exact prices, however I think the bottoms were about $25 &
the seat backs $65.

If I did it again I would make the seat back 1 1/2" 45-55 & 130-150 since it
would be softer and you are not sitting on it.  CRF is FAA approved and they
should still have the laser cutting setup for the original seat and back trays.

Jim