REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 11:45:38 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/1/2004 9:12:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
Do people actually read these posting??  Or is it a comprehension thing...

I never said I wanted to switch to a yoke,  In fact I said quite the
opposite..

Sure "You should" have the next freq tuned in ready to go,  ever been given
a different freq than you thought you would?  I have.  Ever been real busy
and just didn't get to that yet? I have.

Even if you do have it tuned it, you still have to reach across your body
or let go of the stick to switch freqs..  And that's a bad movement.
Hay; do you even read your own post?? In your senerio;

>Scenario in my Velocity:  I'm tracking the glideslope down, hand
>flying,  Approach says "contact tower"..  I now have to (1) reach across
>with my left hand and dial/switch the radio, (2)  let go of the stick and
>switch with my right hand

That is what I was responding to and that only.  I saw this radio problem in
89 when I started building my Velocity.  As a commercial helicopter pilot I
and am quite familiar with reaching.  That is why I mounted all my radios
(Terra) single stack on the LEFT side of the six-pack along with the nav. heads.  I
have had no reaching in the 10 years I have been flying it.

I suggest before you start flaming people, read your own posts that are being
respond to.  How many of these scenarios in your Velocity have you had that
were unmanageable?

TEC