REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 10:40:05 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/1/2004 6:01:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
Scenario in my Velocity:  I'm tracking the glideslope down, hand
flying,  Approach says "contact tower"..  I now have to (1) reach across
with my left hand and dial/switch the radio, (2)  let go of the stick and
switch with my right hand.
Hmmm; before reaching the OM you should already have all COM freq. set
utilizing both radios and flips (upper radio #1 for all ATC contacts, lower radio #2
for all airport contacts, IMHO).  At that point, all that is needed is
"twist" (one of the 4 "T's") to com #2.  Some radios also have a remote flip that
can be wired to the grip.  I mounted my audio panel above the AH so I can
"twist" with left hand.

Also, ever tried to "relieve" yourself with a yoke in the way?  Come to think
of it; never mind.

TEC