REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Wed Dec 1 08:42:10 CST 2004

I semi-fixed the reach across to fiddle-with-the-radio problem with a center
stick.  When I redid my panel, I put the EFIS right in front of me and the
radio stack right next to it.  The VOR head was shuffled off to the right on
the angled portion of the panel.  To tune the radio (after ask Center the
third time what that frequency was for Podunk Approach), I reach in front of
me instead having to s-t-r-e-t-c-h all the way over to the normal radio
stack location.  No human-pretzel moves required for normal flying.

Personal opinion on controls:  stick with the stick.

Chuck