REFLECTOR: PAINT DESIGN

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Aug 30 08:06:30 CDT 2004

I guess I'm old-school.  I never got excited about the murals and massively
detailed painting on vans and cars.  Some high-design paint jobs on the
Velos and other planes are interesting from a technical sense--difficult to
do and costly in dollars and effort--and eye catching, but do they really
LOOK better?  Fortunately, good looks, being in
the eye of the beholder allows a lot of room for what passes for
attractiveness and good taste.  One 'gaudy' plane that was striking and I
like the looks of was John Denver's Longeze; though he'd been better advised
to spend more money correctly positioning his fuel valve than putting on
pretty paint.

Chuck