REFLECTOR: Russian Crashes

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 29 14:45:01 CDT 2004

As I recall in the service we routinely flew tactical jets until there
was cord showing.  I have launched  any number of times with a ply or so
of cord showing through.  They were at least 8-ply, and there was no
significant incidence of blown tires on launch or recovery.
Not a big deal IMO  ... Jim s.