REFLECTOR: Switches and Relays

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 27 09:33:49 CDT 2004

There's nothing wrong with relays.  There's a real high probability that you will HAVE to use them if you are planning to use control stick mounted trim switches.  I have 6 of the 10 amp Radio Shack 12 vdc relays mounted in my keel to interface with the elevator, aileron, gear horn silence, and landing light interlock to prevent them from turning on while the gear is up.

Late model cars have dozens of relays as computers have been used to control everything in your car now.

But I do understand your reluctance - the Brits did have problems understanding electricity back in the 50's and 60's.  We had a Jaguar owner make weekly trips to our NAPA store to purchase fuses.  Then every couple of months his mechanic came in to order a starter, or alternator.