REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 Timing

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 25 07:15:47 CDT 2004

Doesn't all this presuppose that the unit is installed (clamped to the
accessory case) exactly where it is supposed to be?  Sounds like you're
describing a test of the internal timing logic, but NOT the position /
adjustment of the unit on the engine.  Like, if you loosen the hold down
bolts and rotate the unit a couple of degrees, will that be indicated on
the volt meter?

What am I missing here? .... Jim S.