REFLECTOR: Aileron Turque Tube

Joe jewen at comporium.net
Mon Aug 23 12:17:14 CDT 2004

Al,
Thanks for your reply.  Useful information as usual.  To your first point about purchasing from Velocity,  I would love to give the sales to Velocity but,  that would cause a delay in my current schedule.  I am preparing a painting session for this weekend and I would not have this unit ready in time.  My past experience with Velocity is slow in the delivery area.  It may be due to UPS, but here is an example: some months on a Tuesday, ago I placed an order with Velocity I then placed an order from AS&S.  In both cases the items were stock.  On Thursday I received the AS&S order, on Wednesday of the following week I received the Velocity order.  2 days vs. 8 days, so when I need something expediently I order from AS&S.  This is not meant to detract from Velocity, but for me transit time is often important to an efficient building process on a kit that has parts missing.  Not having a web site or current catalog does not help in the time management department either.

Since the left aileron was constructed to the manual's specifications I will do the same for the right, so at this point I need a 10" section of alum tubing.

Thanks for the balance of the info, sound like the U-Joint is the wasy to go for my application.

Joe