REFLECTOR: Odd

Andy Millin amillin at kal-soft.com
Fri Aug 13 10:51:19 CDT 2004

All,

I wanted to thank John Tvedte for the very thoughtful recount of his
time spent with Odd.  It helps.

I had sent a few e-mails back and forth with Odd.  It wasn't much.  They
were just building questions.  It makes it personal though.

I remember him as a contributor on the reflector and as a member of the
Velocity community.  He was one of those people you hope you will bump
into at OSH or SNF.  You just knew you would have a good time.

I know at times like these we see e-mail messages with condolences to
the family.  This is fitting and proper.  The unfortunate part is the
family will, in most cases, never read the e-mail.  The sentiment and
any possible comfort don't make it where it should go.

I have been discussing this with John.  We thought that it might be nice
to send flowers or something.  We are going to do this.  We thought we
would open this up to everyone on the reflector.  It might mean more if
it were from Odd's friends on the reflector.  If anyone would like to
contribute, you can send a donation to my PayPal account.
amillin at sbcglobal.net

We'll make sure your name is put on the card.

Please don't feel obliged to do this.  We just thought that some others
might want to join.  It's there if you like.

I'll place the order on Monday.

FYI,

Andy