REFLECTOR: Accident Report(s) Phobia

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Aug 10 08:30:48 CDT 2004

Mr. Taylor, I don't like bad news either, but the world already knows about
it.  Less educated people learn from their mistakes, educated people learned
from the mistakes of others.  And we can not know the nature of these
mistakes unless the information is shared openly and with candor--no matter
how unfortunate the circumstances may be.

If I could cover my eyes and ears and refuse to acknowledged this happened,
and that would bring comfort to their family or this poor back amongst us,
I'd do it instantly.  But that can not happen.  The next best outcome is to
understand what happened, why it happened and to make a personal resolve
that we will do everything possible to preclude it from happening to us, or
others we care about.

So, yes, we share your frustration with publication of this unfortunate
news, but to not learn from it would be a disservice to our friends, family
and disrespectful of this individual that paid such a terrible price for
something that may not even have been his/her fault or foreseeable.

Chuck