REFLECTOR: Speed Brake Construction Question

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 16:07:19 CDT 2004

HI Randy,

I don't actually believe it!  The factory mounted the hard point for the
speed brake while they were making the fuselage?  I'm not sure they did you
any favors here.  Installing them is pretty easy.  Having them installed in
the wrong location is a pain in the butt.

Speed brake construction has pretty much become synonymous with hard point
installation, removal and re-installation. :-)  DON'T install the seat hard
points before you install the speed brake hinges.  (we who have been there
know)

I agree with Brian.  You can probably use it there, you just need to make
sure the actuator is mounted properly and it doesn't interfere with
anything.  I'm FG too so I can't speak to the RG stuff.  You might want to
get advice from Rob Johnson.  He has experience with the RG and the Speed
Brake.

If you want, you CAN remove the factory hard point.  Not as bad as you would
think.  Then re-install it in the location you have marked out.

Contact me off-line and I'll walk you through it.

Best,

Andy