REFLECTOR: Speed Brake Construction Question

Randy Wharton rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Sun Aug 8 14:18:35 CDT 2004

Happily, "my" centerline and Velocity's centerline seem to be very
close. "My" centerline is almost perfectly in the center of the speed
brake cutout that the factory stenciled on the fuselage. It would seem
like the most critical measurement would be from the forward end of the
speed brake where the hinges are located and also the side where the
actuator attaches instead of the end that could be as long as you felt
like making it. The thought crossed my mind that maybe the speed brake
the factory stenciled on my plane might be longer than previous ones and
they forgot to change the measurement in the manual. Again, though, it
would seem to be more important to measure from the front than the aft
side.

Randy and Becky Wharton
N248RB - Velocity XL-RG
http://clik.to/velocity