REFLECTOR: Lower winglets

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Aug 6 11:39:09 CDT 2004

I call 'em my training wheels.  I ground down the bottom of mine on my first
dual CFII flight.  It was pitch-dark, snow flurries and a dead cross wind of
10G15.  After a County Fair quality ride on final to flair (using the term
loosely), we finally got the wings and runway to share the same horizontal
plane.  The instructor, in his best laid-back voice said, "well, that was
interesting."  I told him "I like it when I get to use ALL the control
surfaces."  Brave soul--he came back for more.

When I did the repair, I thought about imbedding a skid plate in the bottom
of the winglet but decided I'll just work on my x-wind technique a little.

Chuck