REFLECTOR: Aileron self-centering

robajohnson at comcast.net robajohnson at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 12:21:14 CDT 2004

>>So you try to make a tiny adjustment but normal "stiction"
(sticky friction) in the system makes your adjustment just a tiny bit too
much so you hunt back and forth a few time and finally you seem to have it -
But no you don't, not quite, so you keep at it. <<
Ah! I had that problem but for me it was not "stiction"(nice word BTW!) it was play in the system. It turned out 90% of the play in my system was in the stick to keel beam torque tube interface so I bought the new and improved stick from the factory and that solved the problem.
Of  course, just yesterday there were two other fixes posted for "sloppy stick disease" other than buying a new stick. The large area washers and flox sure looked like the lowest cost way.
Dm Rob