REFLECTOR: Nose gear Hydraulic Regulator

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 5 07:48:48 CDT 2004

Re: REFLECTOR: Nose gear Hydraulic RegulatorAnother way to fix this "slamming shut" problem is to locate the nose door sequence control valve so that it is actuated by one of the reinforcing webs on the nose gear strut.  See chapter 7 of the new on line manuals.  Mine is installed this way and the doors close smoothly and with no slamming. This might be difficult to change on an plane already completed, but for others with the old manuals, I highly recommend this change.  This new location for the sequence valve is also much easier to get to make the adjustments.

This location works because the valve is opened slowly by the relatively slow movement of the gear near the gear pivot point.
Ronnie