REFLECTOR: Aileron self-centering

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 19:55:14 CDT 2004

You can get the Uni-joints from Aircraft Spruce (they are
expensive $60-70 each) and you will have to open up the
torque tube hole near the aileron for the joint.  The joint
goes at the aileron never inboard where it will do little
good.  I used .750 SS tubing with a .065 wall if I remember
however I would measure your current tube wall thickness to
be sure.  The SS was a very tight fit and required a reamer
to get a tight fit on the other parts.

You can probably purchase 4130 steel tube for a lot less
locally and the SS as well.

Jim