REFLECTOR: Last of the OSH stuff

Andy Millin amillin at kal-soft.com
Tue Aug 3 08:53:15 CDT 2004

I found one last item that was worth looking at.

I'm sure most everyone is familiar with Infinity Aerospace stick grips.
Wayne Lanza has one in his Velocity.  I believe they have something like
seven switches on them.

They were introducing their new Hands On Throttle (HOT).  It looked
pretty impressive.

It had a couple of interesting features combining throttle movement and
the mixture and prop.

The mixture could be linked to the throttle.  It only worked one way
lean to rich.  If you were running lean and you advanced the throttle
the mixture could be advanced automatically in sympathy.  It looked like
it had adjustment so you could set your parameters.  Essentially to
prevent an excessively lean operation.

The prop could also be linked to the throttle.  It too only worked one
way cruise to flat.  Again, you can set your parameters.  When you
retard the throttle, it would automatically flatten the pitch in
sympathy.  Again, to prevent a low power setting with an overly
aggressive pitch.

He was demonstrating these features as a backup, not a normal mode of
operation.  You should make your adjustments to prop and mixture on your
own.  The system would just catch it if you had forgotten.

I believe the unit had Mixture, throttle, prop, nine or ten configurable
buttons and two or four coolie hats.  Could be setup for left, center or
right hand operation.

Rather than bombard you with another picture, I placed the scan of the
flyer at:  www.kal-soft.com/velocity/images/hot.jpg  (388K)

FYI,

Andy