REFLECTOR: vacuum pump for Franklin

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 11:49:59 CDT 2004

Go electric.  But there are two new vacuum pump designs out there.  They were both at Oshkosh this year.  You can get the best one through Aircraft Spruce.  They were demonstrating it there.  Check them out.  Do not go Airborn.  I do have a new Airborn electric 28V pump for sale if you know any one that wants one.  It is for a stand-by system.  I will sell it for $1000.  It is worth $2400.  But I would still go all electric. I gave up vacuum pumps on my EZ back in 1995, after two pump failures.  I found some used electric gyros and had them bench checked and they are still in the plane working fine. I paid $1200 for the two of them.
Dave