REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:46:38 -0400

Companys should to try locking us into their equipment with good service and
support---not stupid claims of proprietariness.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Agnew
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 9:56 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe

Al,

Almost all standard fuel gauges use a 0-240 ohm resistive
sender.  I have Westac gauges and sender and the gauge
doesn't care if the sender is a float resistor type or a
capacitive.  As far as the interface being proprietary
that's ridiculous except to lock you into their equipment.

Jim

--- Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net> wrote:
> After further inquires I now get this response from
> Skysports:
>

> Current specs are proprietary, sorry we can't share the
> details. Suffice to
> say we can emulate any variable resistance sender. All
> probes from 4" to 24"
> are $75 with hardware.
>

> The output from a sensor I paid them for is proprietary?
> Go figure!
>

> Al

=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying