REFLECTOR:Velocity busts Presidential TFR

Fred Marconi reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:09:35 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_016E_01C42AB5.CB070AA0

  Dennis:  A picture is worth a thousnad words.  Acompany your letter =
with a picture of your project.

  Fred

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: John Dibble=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:25 PM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Velocity busts Presidential TFR

    Well, a letter ain't that bad.  It's good news to hear that they =
aren't shooting planes down as they are supposedly authorized to do.=20
    You'll probably get more bang for the buck by sending it to the =
media, but then maybe they will start shooting.=20
    John=20

    Dennis Martin wrote:=20

      I had to sign for a letter from the FAA this afternoon, and I =
almost wet my pants. They claim my "Velocity 173 Elite aircraft was =
involved in an incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas."  It goes  on:  =
"N767DG was observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8, 2004.   =
Operations of this type are contrary to Federal Aviation Regulations." I =
think I can handle this one without an attorney, but any tips will be =
appreciated. I'm tempted to reply: ******************************** =
**************Dear FAA,1. OK, who stole my N number?  My airplane is a =
homebuilt, and I'm still working on my 51%.2. My engine's a virgin - =
never experienced the orgasmic thrill of pumping it's six huge =
cylinders.3. If this were my plane, I could get in the Guiness book of =
World Records for making the first Velocity flight from Utah to Texas =
without a propeller.  My prop is  still on order  from Catto.4. If I =
were flying, busting a Presidential TFR would almost be worth it.  Aw  =
shucks!5. Say hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not =
impressed by celebrities. Please correct this matter as soon as =
possible.  I want this totally inaccurate report shredded and expunged =
from all FAA records.  I welcome a visit from any FAA representative to =
examine my aircraft to verify the facts stated above.  It's still in a  =
hangar next to my house, and it doesn't know what a runway looks like =
yet.******************************** **************I'll drop the =
sarcasm, but I assume I can simply write the truth, and hopefully they =
will leave me alone.  Kurt, if they  try to mess with me, I'll tell them =
I have a friend who works the FAA tower in Santa  Fe, so leave me alone. =
All the  best,Dennis

------=_NextPart_000_016E_01C42AB5.CB070AA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: " bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=3D0><LABEL id=3DHbSession =
SessionId=3D"1165034975"></LABEL>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dennis:&nbsp; A picture is worth a thousnad =
words.&nbsp;=20
  Acompany your letter with a picture of your project.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Fred</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Daminetech@bluefrog.com =
href=3D"mailto:aminetech@bluefrog.com">John=20
    Dibble</A> </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 20, 2004 =
10:25=20
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Velocity busts=20
    Presidential TFR</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>Well, a letter ain't that bad.&nbsp; It's good news =
to hear=20
    that they aren't shooting planes down as they are supposedly =
authorized to=20
    do. <BR>You'll probably get more bang for the buck by sending it to =
the=20
    media, but then maybe they will start shooting.=20
    <P>John=20
    <P>Dennis Martin wrote:=20
    <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">
      <STYLE type=3Dtext/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>
      I had to sign for a letter from the FAA this afternoon, and I =
almost wet=20
      my pants.&nbsp;They claim my "Velocity 173 Elite aircraft was =
involved in=20
      an incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas."&nbsp; It goes&nbsp; =
on:&nbsp;=20
      "N767DG was observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8,=20
      2004.&nbsp;&nbsp; Operations of this type are contrary to Federal =
Aviation=20
      Regulations."&nbsp;I think I can handle this one without an =
attorney, but=20
      any tips will be appreciated. I'm tempted to reply:&nbsp;<FONT=20
      size=3D+2>******************************** =
**************</FONT>Dear FAA,1.=20
      OK, who stole my N number?&nbsp; My airplane is a homebuilt, and =
I'm still=20
      working on my 51%.2. My engine's a virgin - never experienced the =
orgasmic=20
      thrill of pumping it's six huge cylinders.3. If this were my =
plane, I=20
      could get in the Guiness book of World Records for making the =
first=20
      Velocity flight from Utah to Texas without a propeller.&nbsp; My =
prop=20
      is&nbsp; still on order&nbsp; from Catto.4. If I were flying, =
busting a=20
      Presidential TFR would almost be worth it.&nbsp; Aw&nbsp; =
shucks!5. Say=20
      hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not impressed by=20
      celebrities.&nbsp;Please correct this matter as soon as =
possible.&nbsp; I=20
      want this totally inaccurate report shredded and expunged from all =
FAA=20
      records.&nbsp; I welcome a visit from any FAA representative to =
examine my=20
      aircraft to verify the facts stated above.&nbsp; It's still in =
a&nbsp;=20
      hangar next to my house, and it doesn't know what a runway looks =
like=20
      yet.<FONT size=3D+2>********************************=20
      **************</FONT>I'll drop the sarcasm, but I assume I can =
simply=20
      write the truth, and hopefully they will leave me alone.&nbsp; =
Kurt, if=20
      they&nbsp; try to mess with me, I'll tell them I have a friend who =
works=20
      the FAA tower in Santa&nbsp; Fe, so leave me alone.&nbsp;All =
the&nbsp;=20
      best,Dennis</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_016E_01C42AB5.CB070AA0--