REFLECTOR:Engines - TSIO520 (failed cylinders)

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:08:02 -0500

Okay, 40 inches MAP is not so big a deal for that compression ratio.

I was wondering how you could get around detonation with that combination.
Remember Big bore, slow RPM, high compression ratio, and low octane are all
bad for detonation.

40inches times 7.5 CR gives 300 inches pressure at the end of the
compression stroke.

On the Franklin, normally aspirated 29.92 * 10.5 = 314 inches of pressure,
less in real life; maybe 28@294.
Your bore at 5.25 is bigger than the Franklin at 4.625, giving the Franklin
a little help with that 314(294) in. pressure.

There would be no way a person could get away with that on a stock Franklin.

Hmmm, there's always water injection....

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single