REFLECTOR:Engines - TSIO520

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:51:40 -0600

I've been told that the reason the TSIO520 eats a set of jugs every 800 or
so hours is because of running them at 40 inches of MP.  The recommended
pressure  to get full power.

My plan is to manually "Turbo Normalize" them by running around 30
inches.  This should allow a more reasonable 1500 to 2000 hours of use out
of the jugs.

As far as the turbo plumbing, I don't know at this point.  That's why I
asked the group if anybody has been down this road.  Maybe I would end up
running it as a normally aspirated IO520?

Scott