REFLECTOR:Here we go again ... was Forwarded from Canards@Yahoo

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:06:33 -0500

Chuck,
<... like leading a horse to water in the middle of the desert ...>
Not sure I follow that ...
<... should have been there already ...>
OK.  Got it.  Of course you're preaching to the choir again.  But then, you know that
;o)  From the git-go the only thing between me and EI was $.  Every time I thought I
had the $800 or so, either my wife would spend it on something she really REALLY
needed, or the airplane would break something with more priority (like a jug or navcom
or something).  I'm getting that tired of screwing around that I'll make the move
pretty soon.

<... should stir up all of 'em that are concerned about know-nothings expressing their
opinions ...>
It's been my experience that a lot of the discussion about certified engines v. auto
conversions gets to be kind of theological, and produces more heat than light.
Sometimes I get in and mix it up just for the pure joy of it.  Other times I get back
to setting up my Mazda with EI, EFI, EFIS, $6000 capitalization, $800 overhaul, 4000
hr TBO etc.  Decided a loooong time ago that the fact that a powerplant was invented
in biblical times and not changed much since does little to recommend it to me.
Others feel that many decades of tradition are a really good thing and that kind of
stability and documentation (even if it is a litany of failure and unreliability)
makes them comfortable.

To each his own .... Jim S.