REFLECTOR:Velocity busts Presidential TFR

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:25:16 -0500

--------------3FCE6F5441565EF8B84D7731

Well, a letter ain't that bad.  It's good news to hear that they aren't
shooting planes down as they are supposedly authorized to do.
You'll probably get more bang for the buck by sending it to the media,
but then maybe they will start shooting.

John

Dennis Martin wrote:

> I had to sign for a letter from the FAA this afternoon, and I almost
> wet my pants. They claim my "Velocity 173 Elite aircraft was involved
> in an incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas."  It goes  on:  "N767DG was
> observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8, 2004.   Operations
> of this type are contrary to Federal Aviation Regulations." I think I
> can handle this one without an attorney, but any tips will be
> appreciated. I'm tempted to reply: ********************************
> **************Dear FAA,1. OK, who stole my N number?  My airplane is a
> homebuilt, and I'm still working on my 51%.2. My engine's a virgin -
> never experienced the orgasmic thrill of pumping it's six huge
> cylinders.3. If this were my plane, I could get in the Guiness book of
> World Records for making the first Velocity flight from Utah to Texas
> without a propeller.  My prop is  still on order  from Catto.4. If I
> were flying, busting a Presidential TFR would almost be worth it.  Aw
> shucks!5. Say hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not
> impressed by celebrities. Please correct this matter as soon as
> possible.  I want this totally inaccurate report shredded and expunged
> from all FAA records.  I welcome a visit from any FAA representative
> to examine my aircraft to verify the facts stated above.  It's still
> in a  hangar next to my house, and it doesn't know what a runway looks
> like yet.******************************** **************I'll drop the
> sarcasm, but I assume I can simply write the truth, and hopefully they
> will leave me alone.  Kurt, if they  try to mess with me, I'll tell
> them I have a friend who works the FAA tower in Santa  Fe, so leave me
> alone. All the  best,Dennis

--------------3FCE6F5441565EF8B84D7731

Well, a letter ain't that bad.&nbsp; It's good news to hear that they aren't
shooting planes down as they are supposedly authorized to do.
but then maybe they will start shooting.
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style>
had to sign for a letter from the FAA this afternoon, and I almost wet
my pants.&nbsp;They claim my "Velocity 173 Elite aircraft was involved
in an incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas."&nbsp; It goes&nbsp; on:&nbsp;
"N767DG was observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8, 2004.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Operations of this type are contrary to Federal Aviation Regulations."&nbsp;I
think I can handle this one without an attorney, but any tips will be appreciated.
I'm tempted to reply:&nbsp;<font size=+2>********************************
**************</font>Dear FAA,1. OK, who stole my N number?&nbsp; My airplane
is a homebuilt, and I'm still working on my 51%.2. My engine's a virgin
- never experienced the orgasmic thrill of pumping it's six huge cylinders.3.
If this were my plane, I could get in the Guiness book of World Records
for making the first Velocity flight from Utah to Texas without a propeller.&nbsp;
My prop is&nbsp; still on order&nbsp; from Catto.4. If I were flying, busting
a Presidential TFR would almost be worth it.&nbsp; Aw&nbsp; shucks!5. Say
hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not impressed by celebrities.&nbsp;Please
correct this matter as soon as possible.&nbsp; I want this totally inaccurate
report shredded and expunged from all FAA records.&nbsp; I welcome a visit
from any FAA representative to examine my aircraft to verify the facts
stated above.&nbsp; It's still in a&nbsp; hangar next to my house, and
it doesn't know what a runway looks like yet.<font size=+2>********************************
**************</font>I'll drop the sarcasm, but I assume I can simply write
the truth, and hopefully they will leave me alone.&nbsp; Kurt, if they&nbsp;
try to mess with me, I'll tell them I have a friend who works the FAA tower
in Santa&nbsp; Fe, so leave me alone.&nbsp;All the&nbsp; best,Dennis</blockquote>

--------------3FCE6F5441565EF8B84D7731--