REFLECTOR:Velocity busts Presidential TFR

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:39:47 -0600

--============_-1129610905==_ma============

I had to sign for a letter from the FAA this afternoon, and I almost
wet my pants.

They claim my "Velocity 173 Elite aircraft was involved in an
incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas."  It goes  on:  "N767DG was
observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8, 2004.
Operations of this type are contrary to Federal Aviation Regulations."

I think I can handle this one without an attorney, but any tips will
be appreciated. I'm tempted to reply:

******************************** **************
Dear FAA,
1. OK, who stole my N number?  My airplane is a homebuilt, and I'm
still working on my 51%.
2. My engine's a virgin - never experienced the orgasmic thrill of
pumping it's six huge cylinders.
3. If this were my plane, I could get in the Guiness book of World
Records for making the first Velocity flight from Utah to Texas
without a propeller.  My prop is  still on order  from Catto.
4. If I were flying, busting a Presidential TFR would almost be worth
it.  Aw  shucks!
5. Say hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not impressed
by celebrities.

Please correct this matter as soon as possible.  I want this totally
inaccurate report shredded and expunged from all FAA records.  I
welcome a visit from any FAA representative to examine my aircraft to
verify the facts stated above.  It's still in a  hangar next to my
house, and it doesn't know what a runway looks like yet.
******************************** **************
I'll drop the sarcasm, but I assume I can simply write the truth, and
hopefully they will leave me alone.  Kurt, if they  try to mess with
me, I'll tell them I have a friend who works the FAA tower in Santa
Fe, so leave me alone.

All the  best,
Dennis
--============_-1129610905==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Velocity busts Presidential
almost wet my pants. </div>
an incident at Mesquite Airport, Texas.&quot;&nbsp; It goes&nbsp; on:&nbsp;
&quot;N767DG was observed flying in the Presidential TFR on March 8,
2004.&nbsp;&nbsp; Operations of this type are contrary to Federal
Aviation Regulations.&quot;</div>
will be appreciated. I'm tempted to reply:</div>
**************</font></div>
and I'm still working on my 51%.</div>
of pumping it's six huge cylinders.</div>
World Records for making the first Velocity flight from Utah to Texas
without a propeller.&nbsp; My prop is&nbsp; still on order&nbsp; from
Catto. </div>
worth it.&nbsp; Aw&nbsp; shucks!</div>
impressed by celebrities.</div>
totally inaccurate report shredded and expunged from all FAA records.&nbsp;
I welcome a visit from any FAA representative to examine my aircraft
to verify the facts stated above.&nbsp; It's still in a&nbsp; hangar
next to my house, and it doesn't know what a runway looks like
yet.</div>
and hopefully they will leave me alone.&nbsp; Kurt, if they&nbsp; try
to mess with me, I'll tell them I have a friend who works the FAA
tower in Santa&nbsp; Fe, so leave me alone. </div>