REFLECTOR: Strakes- where to build?

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:28:58 -0400

In a message dated 4/20/2004 1:32:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, amillin@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Rob,
>
> Where were you off by the 1/2?

Basically the leading edge of the wing was 1/2 higher than the strake LE. So the closer you got to the spar the closer it got to being right.

I fixed it up very much the same way that Kurt describes in his post.

> Do you think you would have avoided a problem if you had put
> both wings on simultaneously, or was it that you
> needed to build the baffles to get some structure before
> you took the wing(s) off?

Yes, the later. I don't *think* the one wing at a time was the problem. Putting the baffling in before taking the wing off would do the trick I think. Of course, I spent 6 months on the baffling. It's a big job! (Scott Swing made me feel real bad when he told me it takes him two weeks to do baffles! ;) Of course Scott has had a wee bit more practice than I had. )

Rob